Sunday, November 18, 2007

Henri Nouwen Quote

I am listening to Henri Nouwen's tape series on "The Return of the Prodigal Son." It was a lecture series he did some time before his death. Today's tape (#2- on the elder son) was one in which I kept saying (out loud in the car) "Oh wow." "Oh wow." "Oh wow." This is a tape that I am sure I will listen to again and again.

But one quote that I want to keep before my face regularly is appropriate for interpersonal relations, for actions and for choosing on what we will preach.

"Don't act when you know you have feelings that are not telling the truth."

2 comments:

Bryan Clements said...

Nouwen is one of my favorite authors. His "Clowning In Rome" is one of my favorites.

Cal Habig said...

My soul is blessed by everything I read by him. I believe that I saw this tape set transcribed into a book. After listening to the tapes, I am going to have to fine the book. Clowning is a new one for me. I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the post. cph.

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007