Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back from the Metolius

We spent an extended Memorial Day holiday in Central Oregon camping on the Metolius River. (Near Sisters). It is one of my favorite spots in God's creation. We drove through snow flurries as we came across Santiam Pass and I thought that didn't bode well, but it ended up OK. (But I am more than ready for summer).

There were forest fires there a couple of years back and I hadn't been there since then. Was afraid of what we would find. It was still beautiful:image I really did miss posting. Glad we went and glad to be back.

While we were gone, my recent college graduate son got an accounting job and an apartment! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try Metolius in the winter. Breath-taking but soul refreshing solitude, quiet and beauty. Welcome back. Bruce

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007