Monday, September 8, 2008

Live Blog: Spurgeon Fellowship

image Tomorrow is the fall session of the Spurgeon Fellowship at Western Seminary here in Portland.  The featured speaker is R. Kent Hughes, pastor emeritus at College Church in Wheaton, IL.  It has been almost twenty years since I have last heard Hughes. 

The stated purpose of the Spurgeon Fellowship is to be "a fraternity of ministers devoted to seeking the wisdom of classical pastoral theology for contemporary church ministry.  Drawing upon the gifts of experienced practitioners and theologians, The Spurgeon Fellowship aims to enhance the personal character and professional competency of pastors, and thus, by means of Word and Spirit, contribute to the reformation and revival of local congregations."  A pretty high standard. 

I am going to TRY to live-blog the workshop. That means I will be sending out periodic updates from 10a.m.-2p.m. Pacific Time from Western Seminary.  That is all dependent, however, on the moon being in the right place, me holding my mouth the right way and me being able to log onto wireless. 

Otherwise, I will give a summary afterwards. 

No comments:

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007