Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Fun Blast from the Past

Cal at ISCC pulpit3

My wife Loretta is going through stacks of old pictures (they are spread all over the floor of a spare bedroom).  But one of the pictures she came across is me in the pulpit of the first church I served.  It is near Kingsport, TN (between Kingsport and Blountville, if you know the area) and I served as Associate Minister from 1979-1983.  This picture is from 1980.  I preached occasionally from 1979-1981 and then I served as the interim minister for nine months from summer 1981 to spring 1982.  Don’t you love the baby-blue three piece suit? Not sure they could hear much I was saying for the brightness of the suit!!  Good memories. 

2 comments:

Jeremy Strang said...

Great site! Just wanted to say hello from a fellow brother! Be sure to check out our sites as well. We are about to go on the offensive with Paul Washer's - Ten Indictments Sermon. Check out my latest blog. www.time2stand.wordpress.com
God bless,
Jeremy Strang
www.time2stand.net
www.time2standladies.wordpress.com

Cal Habig said...

Thanks Jeremy for stopping by. Blessings on you.
Cal.

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007