Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Proud Papa


One of the advantages of currently not preaching weekly is that Loretta and I got to go to Seattle (actually Duvall, but nobody's ever heard of Duvall, WA...) to hear our son Ryan preach. Ryan is actually the worship pastor of The Duvall Church, but since his preaching minister was between series, Ryan got to preach. I have never heard him preach in that context, and it actually has been several years since I've gotten to hear him preach, so we spontaneously decided to venture up north (about 4 hours) and surprise Ryan and hear/support him preach.

The only problem was that both Loretta and I were convicted by what he said! He preached on "Loving your enemies"...actually the title was "The Economy of Mercy"

Must say...I am a proud papa. If you are so inclined, you can watch the sermon here:


If you have problems with the link, you can go to the original site which is www.duvallchurch.org. Click on media and then his is the sermon for Feb. 8. It is available in .wmv, .mov, and mp3.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to be proud! I have listened to it and believe he did a great job - it was good to hear that kind of update about the neighbor as well!!

dc

Anonymous said...

"The Economy of Mercy" - Love Your Enemies" - OMG osh
What a blessing for me to hear Ryans semon this morning. I understand why you feel like the proud papa. What a blessing we receive from our children. Amazing.
NOW , , , Who really surprised Who?

Love You Guys.

Anonymous said...

"The Economy of Mercy" - Love Your Enemies" - OMG osh
What a blessing for me to hear Ryans semon this morning. I understand why you feel like the proud papa. What a blessing we receive from our children. Amazing.
NOW , , , Who really surprised Who?

Love You Guys.

Jerry

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007