Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mead>>Don’t Dilute by Distracting During the Conclusion

image I know that I refer you to Peter Mead quite a bit, but he is really that good. Today he has what is just a little reminder, but one I have never heard in all the preaching classes and workshops I have taken & the books I have read:

During the final thrust, the crescendo of the message, do not dilute the focus of listeners. It is so easy to unnecessarily add new elements to a message at a time when the need is not variation, nor interest, but focus. For instance:

Don’t dilute by adding distracting texts. It’s so tempting to refer to another verse somewhere or other in the Bible. Often, not always, but often, this is a distraction rather than a help.

Find the entire post here.

No comments:

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007