Monday, September 21, 2009

Crosswalk.com>>Preaching: Such Demanding Work but Such a Calling

image

"I have known what it is to use up all my ammunition. Then I have, as it were, rammed myself into the great Gospel gun and I have fired myself at my hearers - - all my consciousness of sin, and all my sense of the power of the gospel. There are some people upon whom that kind of preaching tells when nothing else does, for they see that then you are communicating to them not only the gospel, but yourself also."

--Charles Spurgeon

That quote ends an article entitled “Preaching: Such Demanding Work but Such a Calling” on Crosswalk.com today.    It’s one of those you need to read when you are discouraged about your preaching.

1 comment:

BlueWhiteLion said...

love that quote. read the article. thanks!

--Dan D.

Visits Since Dec. 11, 2007